Luckett Vineyards 2019 Phone Box Fizz
This product is currently sold out.
From the winemaker:
• Grapes originated from our Estate vineyard
• Osceola Muscat picked at the beginning of ripeness to ensure good acid
structure, and more citric and tropical fruit aromatics.
• Fermented long and slow at very low temperatures. This helps the wine
hold the naturally dissolved CO2 that is a result of the fermentation
process and also retains aromatic qualities of the grapes.
• Topped up and bottled under pressure, (2 bars of dissolved CO2)
ensuring the retention of a low dose of carbonation, and a refreshing
slight spritz or ‘fizz’.
• For context, Champagne and Traditional Method Sparkling wines are
generally much higher in pressure at 5-6 bar. Prosecco and Cava tend
to be a little lower at 3-4 bar. Our ‘Fizz’ is therefore not classified as a
sparkling wine, but instead is a wine with low dissolved CO2,
comparable to a frizzante and Moscato D’Asti style.
• All stainless-steel fermentation.
• 1100 cases produced.
• GRAPES: Osceola Muscat (70%), L’Acadie (30%)
• AROMATICS: Citrus and tropical fruits, with fresh herb and flower-garden notes
• TASTE: Off dry but balanced on the palate, great lift and effervescence from the slight spritz. Mandarin orange with notes of grapefruit
• TREATMENT: 100% stainless-steel fermentation
• SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Best served well chilled, pairs nicely with sushi, cured
charcuterie and salty rich cheeses
• AGING: Drinking very well now, or cellar through until 2023
Total Acidity 8.4g/L
Residual Sugar 22.0g/L